Aggregated stories from KIss 96.9 contributors.

The Feed Archives

NFL’s Edwin Jackson Of Indianapolis Colts Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver

Indianapolis Colts player Edwin Jackson was killed Sunday when he was struck by a suspected drunk driver in Indiana.  Jackson was killed, along with another man, after a black Ford F-150 pickup struck both of them as they were standing on the side of a highway. Indiana police told the newspaper the incident took place in the early morning hours on Sunday, when the truck drove into the emergency shoulder where the men were standing near a stopped vehicle. “We were heartbroken to hear the news of Edwin Jackson’s passing,” the Colts said in a news release. “Edwin was loved by all in the Colts organization. We admired his outgoing personality, competitive spirit and hard-working mentality.”  Jackson was signed by the Colts in January 2016. He started eight games in 2016, making 66 tackles. He was placed on injured reserve in September 2017. ...Read more

2 Amtrak Workers Killed, 116 hurt In South Carolina Train Crash

An Amtrak passenger train slammed into a freight train parked on a side track in South Carolina early Sunday, killing two Amtrak employees and injuring more than 110 people, authorities said. It was the third deadly wreck involving Amtrak in less than two months. Amtrak’s Silver Star was on its way from New York to Miami with eight crew members and about 140 passengers around 2:45 a.m. when it plowed into the CSX train at an estimated 59 mph. The wreck took place around a switchyard about 10 miles south of Columbia. ...Read more

Lakers Guard Lonzo Ball Out 2 More Games With MCL Sprain

Los Angeles Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball is expected to miss at least two additional games because of a left knee injury, according to head coach Luke Walton. The Lakers have officially ruled out Ball for a minimum of 10 games, Walton said Thursday. The team initially expected the 20-year-old to be out just three weeks. Walton said he hoped Ball would play during the road trip, which began Jan. 26 against Chicago. Ball has traveled with the team and received treatment for his injury.  Walton has stated that Ball will not return until he could participate in team practice. Ball injured his left leg during a 107-101 victory against the Dallas Mavericks on Jan. 13. He has missed eight straight games so far.  ...Read more

Vikings’ Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater’s Contract Status Unclear Due To Time Spent On PUP List

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater could become a free agent during the 2018 signing period, a decision that will be left up to the NFL and NFLPA, general manager Rick Spielman said Thursday. Bridgewater started the season on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list but was cleared to return to practice Oct. 16. It’s unclear whether Bridgewater’s contract will be tolled for next season due to his time spent on the PUP list. If it is tolled, Bridgewater is eligible to become a free agent.  ...Read more

Charlie Walk Exits ‘The Four’ Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations As Accuser Speaks Out

Republic Records Group President Charlie Walk is no longer a judge on Fox’s singing competition show The Four: Battle for Stardom and will not be part of next week’s finale. “Out of respect for the contestants, my fellow judges and everyone involved with the show, I have made the decision not to attend the finale of The Four,” Walk said in a statement provided by his attorney Patricia Glaser. Republic Records also confirmed that they have opened an investigation. “Republic Records is committed to a safe workplace environment where employees are treated fairly and respectfully,” the statement read. Walk’s former Sony colleague Tristan Coopersmith accused the music mogul of sexual misconduct in an open letter on Monday, January 29, alleging that he sent her explicit text messages, groped her at business dinners and made unwelcome advances toward her. Walk has denied the allegations, claiming he worked with her 15 years ago “without incident.” ...Read more

Natalie Wood’s Husband Robert Wagner Now ‘Person Of Interest’ In Her Death

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s investigators say Robert Wagner is “more of a person of interest” in the death of his late wife, actress Natalie Wood, who died nearly 40 years ago under mysterious circumstances. Wood was found dead in the water in 1981, near Santa Catalina Island off the coast of California. She had gone on a yachting weekend with Wagner, as well as Christopher Walken, who at the time was starring with the actress in the movie “Brainstorm.” Wood’s death was originally ruled an accident, but the case was reopened in 2011. The coroner changed her cause of death to “drowning and other undetermined factors” the following year. An autopsy report indicated there were a number of bruises on Wood’s body that appeared to have been fresh at the time of death. Investigators said Wagner — who was married to Wood twice, first from 1957 to 1962, and again from 1972 until her death — has been uncooperative since they reopened the case.  “I think he’s constantly changed his story a little bit. And his version of events just don’t add up.” ...Read more

President Trump Expected To Approve Release Of GOP Memo Alleging Surveillance Abuses By FBI

President Donald Trump is expected to approve the release of a controversial congressional memo alleging surveillance abuses by the FBI, after the White House agreed to some redactions at the bureau’s request, but the document may not be made public before Friday, according to senior administration officials. The redactions were the result of a review of the memo’s classified contents by White House and intelligence community officials. The memo suggests that the early origins of special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election were tainted by political bias. Once Trump approves its release, the White House will transmit the memo back to the House Intelligence Committee, which has the authority to release it to the public.  ...Read more

12-Year-Old Girl Arrested After Shooting 4 Students At An L.A. Middle School

A 12-year-old girl was arrested Thursday after opening fire inside a Los Angeles middle school, leaving four students injured, authorities said. Two 15-year-olds were seriously wounded in the shooting, hospital officials said in a press conference. Two others suffered minor injuries from what appeared to be grazing wounds. A 30-year-old woman also sustained minor injuries, according to the Los Angeles Fire department. Los Angeles Police officials said they began to receive reports of shots fired at Salvador Castro Middle School at 8:55 am, prompting the school to go on lockdown. Police said the suspect was taken into custody and a firearm, a semi-automatic weapon, was recovered. Law enforcement officials did not disclose what may have led to the school shooting, or if the suspect had any connection to any of the victims wounded Thursday morning. ...Read more

Downton Abbey Creator’s New Drama “The Gilded Age” Coming To NBC In 2019

Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes is returning to television with the period drama, The Gilded Age, which has been picked up to series by NBC and is slated for a 2019 debut. The network has ordered 10 episodes. Fellowes is re-teaming with Downton Abbey executive producer Gareth Neame for the series, which takes place in the glittering world of the wealthiest families in 19th-century New York. Jennifer Salke, president of NBC Entertainment said in a statement: “We’re thrilled that NBC and Universal Television will bring you Julian Fellowes delicious new take on both the emerging rich and the working class who were intricately entwined in opulent New York in 1882. It’s an addictive new universe of fabulous people with the same signature style, wit and emotional resonance for which Julian is famous.” ...Read more

‘House of Cards’ Resumes Production, Adds Greg Kinnear And Diane Lane

Three months after production was shut down in the wake of sexual assault and harassment allegations against star Kevin Spacey, “House of Cards” has resumed production on its sixth and final season, according to an official release from Netflix. Netflix also announced Wednesday that Oscar-nominated actors Greg Kinnear and Diane Lane have joined the cast, which will now focus on it’s star Robin Wright. The final season will feature eight episodes, and it is reported that Kinnear and Lane will play siblings. “House of Cards,” launched in 2013 and has received 53 Emmy nods over the years, with seven wins. No plot details have been released about the final season, though Wright’s Claire Underwood was sworn in as president toward the end of last season with Spacey’s character pushed out of office. ...Read more