Aggregated stories from KIss 96.9 contributors.

The Feed Archives

Washington Redskins QB Alex Smith Breaks Leg Vs. Houston Texans

Washington Redskins quarterback Alex Smith suffered two broken bones in his right leg, during the third quarter of Sunday’s 23-21 loss to the Houston Texans. Smith was hurt when Houston’s J.J. Watt and Kareem Jackson sacked him with 7 minutes, 43 seconds left in the third quarter. Though Washington initially stated it was an ankle injury, coach Jay Gruden confirmed after the game that Smith had broken his tibia and fibula and would need immediate surgery.  ...Read more

‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald’ Tops The Weekend Box Office With $62 Million

“Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald” had an opening weekend of $62 million to top the weekend box office.  However, the second installment is down $13 million from its first episode, “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.”  “The Crimes of Grindelwald” is the second entry in what Warner Bros. intends to be a five-film franchise, and has earned an additional $191 internationally for a worldwide gross of $253 million for its opening weekend.  The Grinch earned second place with $38.2 million, and Bohemian Rhapsody moved to third place with $15.7 million. Mark Wahlberg‘s Instant Family opened in fourth place with $14.7 million and Viola Davis‘ Widows rounded out the Top 5 with $12.3 million. ...Read more

Cleveland Browns Considering Condoleezza Rice For Head Coach Interview

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is under consideration for an interview for the Cleveland Brown head coaching role, this according to ESPN reports on Sunday. Rice, who chaired the Commission on College Basketball and served on the College Football Playoff selection committee from 2013-16, has no coaching experience, and would also become the first woman known to interview for a head coaching job in the NFL. ...Read more

Mail-Bomb Suspect Cesar Sayoc Pleads Not Guilty In Pipe Bomb Case

Pipe bomb suspect Cesar Sayoc, who is accused of mailing explosive devices to prominent Democrats and critics of President Donald Trump last month, pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges he used weapons of mass destruction in a domestic terrorism plan. Sayoc, 56, sat silently as his attorney entered the plea to a 30-count criminal indictment in Manhattan federal court. If found guilty of the most serious charges, he could be sentenced to life in prison. U.S. District Judge Jed Rakoff scheduled a preliminary trial date of July 15. ...Read more

Prosecutors Say That Homeless Man And N.J. Couple Concocted Fake Story For GoFundMe Fundraiser

In a story that grabbed national attention, a New Jersey couple raised more than $400,000 to help a homeless good Samaritan. However, prosecutors said on Thursday that the story was built on deception and all three parties involved were in on the scam. The couple — Mark D’Amico, 39, and Kate McClure, 28, and the homeless man, Johnny Bobbitt Jr., 35, — were charged with second-degree theft by deception and conspiracy to commit theft by deception. If found guilty, they could serve up to five to 10 years in prison. Prosecutors allege that in November 2017, D’Amico and McClure concocted a GoFundMe campaign in honor of Bobbitt as a way to deceive donors moved by Bobbitt’s plight, and was allegedly motivated by a get-rich-quick scheme. Scott Coffina, the prosecutor in Burlington County, New Jersey, said at a press conference that “the entire campaign was predicated on a lie.” The couple first ran into Bobbitt at a freeway ramp near a casino in Philadelphia they frequented about a month before McClure supposedly met him. They befriended him with money and coffee, and eventually hatched their plan, Coffina said. However within a few months of the campaign’s creation, all of the money had been spent and when Bobbitt accused D’Amico and McClure of withholding most of the GoFundMe money he was owed, it led authorities to investigate the case, where the original tale then unraveled. D’Amico and McClure surrendered to authorities on Wednesday in Burlington County; police in Philadelphia also arrested Bobbitt on Wednesday in connection with the case. A court date has not been set. ...Read more

L.A. Lakers’ Rajon Rondo To Undergo Surgery On Hand; Expected To Be Out 3-5 Weeks

The Los Angeles Lakers announced on Thursday that point guard Rajon Rondo will undergo surgery to repair the fractured third metacarpal in his right hand. Rondo broke his shooting hand while making a steal late in L.A.’s win Wednesday night against the Trailblazers. The Lakers expect him to be out three to five weeks. Rondo is expected to have the surgery by Friday. ...Read more

Celine Dion Unveils Gender-Neutral Clothing Line For Children

Céline Dion is launching a gender-neutral children’s clothing line, saying in part that she hopes to “encourage a dialogue of equality and possibility.” Dion unveiled the CELINUNUNU collection with a humorous commercial, in which she’s shown in the maternity ward of a hospital, blowing a handful of sparkling confetti over a group of infants and replacing their traditional pink and blue sleepwear with black and white, non-gender-specific ensembles. Dion says in the clip, “We miss the past. They dream of tomorrow. We may thrust them forward into the future, but the course will always be theirs to choose.”  The CELINUNUNU collection features more than 70 styles for kids aged 0 to 14 years and was created with the children’s boutique brand NUNUNU, which specializes in unisex designs.  ...Read more