Entertainment Daypop Archives

Arnold Schwarzenegger And Linda Hamilton Reunite On Set Of “Terminator 6”

Arnold Schwarzenegger posted a photo of him and Linda Hamilton in honor of her birthday, straight from the set of the upcoming sixth “Terminator” film on Wednesday.  He posted the photo alongside an image of a photo of the two actors from years ago. “I’m pumped to be back together again,” Schwarzenegger, 71, wrote. Hamilton, who turned 62 on Wednesday, and her alter-ego, Sarah Connor, last appeared onscreen for the cyborg franchise in 1991′s “Terminator 2: Judgment Day,” directed by James Cameron.  Deadpool’s Tim Miller is directing the sixth entry in the “Terminator” series. Terminator 6 was originally slated to hit theaters in summer 2019 but was recently pushed back to a release date of November 15, 2019. ...Read more

Desperate Housewives Actress Marcia Cross Reveals Secret Battle With Cancer

Former “Melrose Place” and “Desperate Housewives” actress Marcia Cross revealed recently she is recovering from a fight with anal cancer. In a series of Instagram posts, the 56-year-old mother of twin daughters said she was “happy to be alive but sad that my hair fell out.” Cross characterized her status as “post-cancer” saying”all good now,” she wrote. “Hard journey but I am HEALTHY, and more present and grateful than ever.” The actress, whose husband, Tom Mahoney, is a cancer survivor, said that her disclosure about her disease and hair loss made her feel “liberated, deliriously free, and completely me.” Cross played Bree in the long-running “Desperate Housewives” (2004-2012) and she later had a role as a character who became president on the FBI drama “Quantico.” ...Read more

Actor Geoffrey Owens Donates The $25,000 Given To Him From Nicki Minaj To Charity

Actor Geoffrey Owens, the former “The Cosby Show” star who was job-shamed last month due to pictures of him posted on social media working as a cashier at Trader Joe’s, is now paying it forward. Owens has decided to donate the $25,000 that rapper Nicki Minaj gave him to other struggling actors.  Owens said: “I would like to give this donation of 25K to the Actor’s Fund in memory of the late, great Earle Hyman.” Hyman, who played Cosby’s father, ‘Russell’, on The Cosby Show, lived his last years and died at the Actors’ Home, which was funded and run by the Actor’s Fund. Owens added: “I am extremely grateful to Nicki Minaj for enabling struggling actors to continue pursuing their dreams.” Owens played Elvin Tibideaux on “The Cosby Show,” but his career stalled after the show ended in 1992. The photos of him being shamed for working at the supermarket stirred outrage. Minaj called the incident “toxic & disgusting” and pledged to donate $25,000 to Owens. Minaj said she was “happy to be a part of a great cause. I wish Geoffrey much success and want him to know how loved he is.” Since the publicity, Owens has booked a guest role on a forthcoming episode of “NCIS: New Orleans,” and has accepted an offer from Tyler Perry to recur on his new OWN television show, “The Haves and The Have Nots.” ...Read more

Bill Cosby’s Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame To Remain, Despite Sexual Assault Conviction

Actor Bill Cosby’s star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame will not be removed despite him being jailed for sexual assault, the organization in charge of the LA tourist attraction has confirmed. The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce said that while it is “regrettable” when celebrities’ personal lives do not live up to “public standards and expectations”, the stars mark professional achievements and are permanent fixtures. Cosby was just sentenced for up to 10 years for sexual assault, while also being labelled a “sexually violent predator” by a judge in Pennsylvania. The 81-year-old is the first celebrity of the #MeToo era to be jailed. osby was convicted in April of drugging and molesting Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his Philadelphia home 14 years ago.  ...Read more

Bill Cosby Sentenced To 3 To 10 Years In Prison For Sexual Assault

Comedian Bill Cosby was taken out of court in handcuffs Tuesday after a Philadelphia judge sentenced him to 3-10 years in prison for sexually assaulting a woman in 2004. “The day has come. Your time has come,” Montgomery County Common Pleas Judge Steven O’Neill told Cosby, 81, before sentencing him on three felony counts of aggravated indecent assault. Cosby declined to speak during the two-day hearing. He was found guilty in April of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand, a former women’s basketball coach at Temple University in Philadelphia. The judge initially denied a defense request to allow Cosby to remain free on bail, but lawyers continued to argue, and the entertainer wasn’t immediately hauled out of court to begin his sentence. Cosby remained seated in the courtroom, surrounded by attorneys and spokespeople. Spectators were cleared from the courtroom before deputies took him into custody and walked him away in handcuffs as he held his cane. The judge also ordered Cosby to pay Constand’s costs and a fine of $25,000. Earlier Tuesday, Judge O’Neill declared Cosby a sexually violent predator, which state law defines as a person with “a mental abnormality or personality disorder that makes the person likely to engage in predatory sexually violent offenses.” The designation means Cosby will have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life. ...Read more

Mel Gibson To Write & Direct “The Wild Bunch” Remake

Mel Gibson has been hired to co-write and direct a remake of The Wild Bunch. The original 1969 Western movie, directed by Sam Peckinpah and starring William Holden, followed an aging outlaw band caught up in changing times and a last job gone terribly wrong. Though the film met with some controversy upon release, it’s become a classic of American film. Director Tony Scott was originally attached to a remake, but his untimely death in 2012 put the project on hold indefinitely. Now the remake has been revived with Gibson at the helm. Gibson has had his share of ups and downs over the last decade, but his career has been on the rise after his most recent directorial effort, 2016’s Hacksaw Ridge, earned nominations for Best Director, Best Picture, and a number of other awards.  ...Read more

“America’s Got Talent” Finalist Michael Ketterer Will Not Perform With Garth Brooks Following His Arrest

“America’s Got Talent” finalist Michael Ketterer will no long perform at the Garth Brooks concert at Notre Dame Stadium after he was arrested on a domestic violence charge last week. The 41-year-old Ketterer, a father of six, came in fifth place on the most recent season of AGT. On Wednesday’s finale, Ketterer — a pediatric mental health nurse from Knoxville, Tennessee — performed the song that Brooks wrote for him, and Brooks also invited the singer to perform the song in front of 86,000 people at his upcoming show. However following the arrest, both men decided together that it’s best for him to not perform. “Called him this weekend, we talked. We decided it was better that he not appear at Notre Dame and not perform there,” Garth said on his Inside Studio G Facebook Live show on Monday, September 24. “That family will figure it out and find it within themselves, and of course the good Lord, and figure it out. Michael Ketterer will not be at Notre Dame.” ...Read more

Celine Dion Announces She’s Ending Her Las Vegas Residency After Eight Years

On Monday, Celine Dion announced she’s ending her Las Vegas residency at Caesars Palace after eight years. Her last show will be on June 8, 2019. Pre-sale for the final shows (Feb. 26 to June 8) will start on Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 10 a.m. PT, before the public on-sale date of Friday, Sept. 28 at 10 a.m. PT. Dion said in a statement posted on Facebook: “I definitely have mixed emotions about this final run. Las Vegas has become my home and performing at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace has been a big part of my life for the past two decades. It’s been an amazing experience and I’m so grateful to all the fans who have come to see us throughout the years. Every show we do at the Colosseum throughout this fall, and right up until the final one, will feel very special.”  ...Read more

‘Jane Fonda In Five Acts’ Documentary To Debut On HBO

Jane Fonda in Five Acts, a documentary premiering this month on HBO, explores the complicated and fascinating life of one of America’s most famous celebrities. “There’s a whole segment of the population who only knows her from the workout tape or who only knows her [as] Hanoi Jane, or who only knows her from Grace and Frankie,” Jane Fonda in Five Acts’s director, Susan Lacy said in an interview. “I would say that this is a woman who has led the way for six decades or more as a great actress, a great activist, [and] an extraordinary beacon for feminism…That’s why it’s called Jane Fonda in Five Acts. Because there’s so many different parts to Jane.” “Jane Fonda in Five Acts ” will receive a brief theatrical opening ahead of its Sept. 24 premiere on HBO and its streaming platforms.  ...Read more

Nigerian-American Comedian Ego Nwodim Is The Newest Cast Addition To “Saturday Night Live’s” 44th Season

NBC’s “Saturday Night Live” announced Friday that comedienne Ego Nwodim will join the cast of late-night show when Season 44 kicks off later this month. Nwodim made a name for herself at the Upright Citizen’s Brigade in Los Angeles and has appeared in roles in several film and TV projects, including “Law & Order True Crime” and “2 Broke Girls.”  SNL has also added four new writers to the mix: Alan Linic, Alison Gates, Eli Mandel and Bowen Yang. Nwodim will make her debut on “SNL’s” season premiere on September 29, which Adam Driver is set to host along with Kanye West as the musical guest. ...Read more